Meet Dr. Czarkowski
Orthopedic Surgeon in Carmel, IN
Dr. Robert Czarkowski has been practicing orthopedics since 1987. He is fellowship trained in sports surgery, including arthroscopy. He is also fellowship trained in joint replacement surgery. Dr. Czarkowski is the Chairman of Surgery at St. Vincent Carmel Hospital and the physician founder of St. Vincent Sports Medicine in Indianapolis and Carmel, Indiana.
Dr. Czarkowski’s passion for orthopedic medicine is evidenced through his accomplishments as a surgeon, his commitment to continuing education and teaching, and his active involvement with various orthopedic societies and committees at St. Vincent Carmel Hospital. He was recognized among the “Top Doctors in the United States” in 2012 (US News and World Report) and “Top 100 Doctors in Indianapolis” in 2010, 2013, and 2014 (Indianapolis Monthly magazine).
Dr. Czarkowski knows sports. He is a team physician for athletes at Carmel High School, Carmel Junior High School, Carmel Middle School, and Creekside Middle School. In the past, he was team physician for the Women’s Big 10 Championship, US canoe/kayak team, and US Gymnastics Federation.
Education & Training:
- Fellowship: Joint Reconstruction & Sports Medicine – The Center for Hip and Knee Surgery, Indianapolis, IN (1987-1988)
- Residency/Internship: Orthopedic Surgery – Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis, IN (1982-1987)
- Medical School: MD - University of Illinois, Abraham Lincoln School of Medicine, Chicago, IL (1978-1982)
- Graduate School: MS (Microbiology) – University of Notre Dame, South Bend, IN (1977-1978)
- Undergraduate School: BS (Pre-Med) – University of Notre Dame, South Bend, IN (1973-1977)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Mid-America Orthopaedic Society
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Indiana State Medical Society
- Hamilton County Medical Society